July 24, 2009
Welcome to Queens Collegiate: A College Board School. We are looking forward to a great second year! The beginning of a school year brings a number of questions, many of which should be answered below:
- Student Orientation for 9th grade students: Wednesday, September 2, 2009 from 10:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon.
- Parent Orientation & PTA Meeting: Monday, September 14, 2009 from 6:00 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. The PTA meeting will occur afterwards from 7:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m.
- First Day of School: Wednesday, September 9, 2009. Morning Meeting starts at 8:15 a.m. in the cafeteria. Classes begin at 8:25 a.m.
- School Times : School starts at 8:15 a.m. and ends at either 2:45 p.m. or 3:23 p.m. The first three days of school all students will be dismissed at 2:45 p.m.
- Lunch: Students may purchase a school lunch for $1.50 or may bring a bag lunch. Reduced-fee ($0.25) or no-fee school lunches are also available, depending upon the information on the lunch forms. All parents must fill out a lunch form for school information and funding.
- Locker Assignment: Locker assignments will be made during Advisory in the first week of school. Due to a shortage of lockers, students will be asked to share with their classmates. All lockers must have a lock, and be used to contain outer wear during the day.
- Gym Lockers: Students may use the lockers in the locker room to hold their gym equipment. Locks are required, and students must provide their own lock.
- Class Schedules: Class schedules may be picked up by students on Tuesday, September 8, 2009 from 10:00 a.m. -12:00 noon.
- Supplies: Supply lists will be in a separate post. Please come to school prepared starting the first day.
- Student Handbooks: Student handbooks will be handed out during the first week of school. Our policies and procedures will be delineated in that book.
- Dress Code: White, royal or navy polo shirt or button down shirt with khaki or navy pants or skirt (skirt must be within 1” of the knee). Plain shoes, dress shoes preferred. All students must wear dress code attire daily. On Fridays students may wear plain dark colored jeans with their QC shirt. Patches will be available for sale in the room 306 for $4 per patch.
As always, our blog has a wealth of information at http://QueensCollegiate.wordpress.com We welcome questions and comments on the blog, via email or voicemail. We hope the information iselpful to you.
Mrs. Jaime Dubei